FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Buy Presidential Dollar Coins with CC @ Face Value, Free Shipping
Old Jan 22, 2010, 8:01 am
IAHtraveler
Moderator: Avis and Rental Cars

Originally Posted by josephstern
As others have posted, the shortage ends in $.75, which makes it all pretty strange.

I hope the bank just resolves it easily, but if not, I'll have to eat it, and this erases the gains from several deposits.
How much are you depositing on each trip that $.75 "erases gains from several deposits"? Even if you're using a 1% cashback card for the coins (or you value 1 airline mile at 1 penny), if you deposit $75, that makes up for the 75 cents lost.

Originally Posted by longtimereader
My bank won't accept coins for my mortgage.
As aviators99 points out, they must take them. The coins are legal tender and you have an outstanding debt. See the FAQ regarding "My bank won't take my coin deposit..."

Originally Posted by andyandy
I just noticed this new language on the direct ship site, re: the 2010 NAs. "There is a 20-box cumulative household limit on 2010 Native American $1 Coins." I guess they finally got around to clarifying the policy.

Andyandy

Yeah, I saw that and thought that it only took them 2 years to figure out that their "limits" didn't have any teeth. I have another question regarding the new "limit", but I won't post it here for everyone to see.