FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sydney Feb 8th thru 17th
View Single Post
Old Jan 20, 2010, 11:00 pm
bensyd
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Exp|VA Platinum
Originally Posted by spyder2114
Am I getting bad info or is this true? I've found a couple websites that appear to have some good info on places to eat sorted by price, cuisine, location etc. I'd like some advice from here on some Sydney eats that are not only reasonably priced but of course good food.
Sydney has eating available from low end right through to very expensive high end. Check out this thread for some good suggestions. Generally as a toursit you're pretty much going to get suckered into overpaying for things (unless you do your research which you have!) which might explain why your friend thought the food in Melbourne was expensive.

Last night I went for the Wednesday $7 steak at North Bondi RSL, nothing spectacular about the venue, except for the view, cheap beers too. You get a mountain of food for your $7.

If you want to eat down by the Rocks then you're going to pay for the privlege, but otherwise that thread I linked to above has some great suggestions. I'd say your son will love Hurricane's too MASSIVE racks of ribs.