FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Orlando at SeaWorld {US-FL}
Old Jan 18, 2010, 7:33 pm
Crazyhotelguy

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
Arrow DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Orlando at SeaWorld {US-FL}

I have seen a lot of chatter lately regarding the new HILTON hotels in Orlando. The Hilton BC, W-A, and the Hilton Orlando at the Convention Center have all had their time in the spotlight.

While the Doubletree Resort does not really compare in terms of services and lavish facilities, it is kind of a hidden gem for the BUDGET minded traveler who still likes the perks and points.. My partner and I stayed here for one night for my birthday.

I had originally booked the Hilton Orlando, but the January sale rate of $62 at the Doubletree including breakfast for two made this a nearly impossible deal to beat.. We live in Orlando, so it will be no big deal to check the others out soon.

This is an older hotel, but it has been completely renovated. I had my doubts, but I was pleasantly surprised. The lobby is nothing really elegant, but it is large and spacious. The grounds are extensive and have a lot of little places to discover.

The front desk staff is friendly, though they do not really seem to know how to work a line. I was able to check in early and was given a high floor tower room.. There is really no upgrade as their is no executive level. I think that they have a few larger rooms with wet bars and maybe some suites.... I had reserved the tower room as I do not like exterior entrance rooms. The exterior rooms were about $5 less.

The tower is nice if you can get bast the lobby which smells like a vanilla candle had just exploded. The rooms are typical Doubletree, but new.

The breakfast was actually pretty extensive. Not anything really out of the ordinary for Hilton, but better than some other Hilton properties that I have been too recently.

Since the gate was broken, we managed to avoid the parking fees

All in all, this property is not going to satisfy those that will only stay at BC or the W-A, but for a family looking for a nice hotel at an affordable price, the Doubletree was a nice surprise.

This was a great value, especially to get some early in the year credit and to get a step closer to the free night voucher.