FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Grand Hyatt Washington DC REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jan 18, 2010, 2:00 pm
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Government rates are the bookings where ID kind of requests most often come up. Corporate negotiated rates -- even when lower than the government rates -- don't have this issue as often as with government rates.

Originally Posted by mommafrica
I checked n yesterday & n doing so the young guy @ the FD requested that I show him my AAA card. I understand that he has the right 2 do this, but how often does this happen/has this ever happened 2 many of u (just curious)? Its a good thing that I have a AAA card (lol). He didn't just look @ it 2 verify that I had 1 but actually started 2 type n the numbers. Other than that, I was on the 1st fl where the 2 TV's always seemed 2 lose their signal if keep any @ all. Has anyone experienced this here as well? If so, how often does this happen here?
I've not had this happen with this hotel in prior years, but with some other hotels -- Hyatt and otherwise -- that have asked to see my AAA card, I've often resorted to showing a Starwood card with AAA logo on it or just providing the AAA number if they pushed the issue.

I get asked for rate-affiliated ID so very infrequently in the last couple of years that I would say it's happening substantially less than 1 out of 20 stays for me. Photo ID is much more frequently requested, but I provide anything from a library card to a passport if I don't decide to push the issue.