FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Admirals Club membership discounts / discount - aren't they wonderful...
Old Jan 18, 2010, 8:34 am
ssing

Programs: United GS, IHG Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by spthomas
Does anyone have more information on this promotion? The letter I got said $25 discount for joining AC on the day you visit using the 1-day pass, and another $50 if you use an AMEX card. I got the $25, but at the AC they didn't seem to know anything about the AMEX part, and I gave them the whole letter, so I don't have anything to show for it. Is it possible this will just appear on my AMEX statement as a credit or something? Since I don't have anything to show them to try to get them to do it at the AC, I may be out of luck.
I recieved the email with promotion. I jsigned up with the AAngels at the Kansas City Admirals club. They did know about this promotion as they recieved a memo about it but did not know how to apply it.

They worked dillgently to figure it out. After about 30 minutes, they finally figured it out. It seems the memo regarding the promotion was missing some information.

Anyway I was charged $275 (EXP rate of $350-$25-$50). So I think in your case diso.... was not allowed properly. You should have gotten an additional instant rebate of $50 when using your AMEX. I suppose you will have to work with AA customer service to resolve the issue.

Last edited by ssing; Jan 18, 2010 at 8:55 am Reason: fixed the EXP AC membership rate