FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Business Class replaced by 'FlexiY' on LHR-UK/Ireland from 27 Jan 2010; end of Blue+
Old Jan 18, 2010, 6:58 am
GoldCircle

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
Good afternoon to the bmi marketing folks who will continue to guage reactions on this thread. Here's my observation:

Most bulletin boards are magnifiers of reaction - endless lines of people saying "I'll never flying bmi again".

You're not seeing much of that here; I have been on this board for years now and know the character of most of these posters. What you're seeing is people who travel regularly saying that there's no benefit to being loyal to bmi, so they'll make such arrangemnts as suit them. They'll do some bmi; but they'll also now be doing some BA or EI too. (In fact, for those of us in DUB, we'll be doing mostly EI, as bmi has near enough no service). That's the kind of sentiment that excellerates the demise of companies. It damn near killed EI when the called time on their TAB Club about 5 years ago. You'd better hurry up and throw a big bone to the Golds and a smaller one to the Silvers. And do it today, because the genie is out of the bottle. The clock is on. I mean a big bone.

Negative cash flow will kill the airline - and we understand the changes. The relative costs of re-instating a little "love" for Golds and Silvers will be paltry compared to the business -income and cashflow - that will be lost to rational decision making by us, your spending customers.

The mudular mayhem was stupidity; this is lunacy.

Last edited by GoldCircle; Jan 18, 2010 at 7:03 am