FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Business Class replaced by 'FlexiY' on LHR-UK/Ireland from 27 Jan 2010; end of Blue+
Old Jan 18, 2010, 6:38 am
NewbieRunner
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by hugoagogo
Maybe. Just received an email from Diamond Club telling me I had been bumped to Silver from Blue+. I was only 14 miles short but if they are smart they should be automatically upgrading everyone within 3000 miles of 16,000. That would be the decent thing to do.
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
Interesting.. so it seems (and no disrespect to the poster) that for some of their less frequent flyers things are improving and for those of us who fly weekly the benefits are being diluted?? Very odd business strategy...
I'm not as close to Silver as hugoagogo but they probably only looked at the status miles and assumed I flew with them regularly. As I live 90 miles from the nearest BD 'hub' it doesn't make sense for me to fly domestically unless I'm connecting at LHR. Since I'm already *G with LH, Diamond Club is my secondary FFP to which I only credited odd WW miles in the past since I could get more M&M miles for cheap economy fare on BD. This has now changed and the most recent flights were credited to DC.

Most of my status miles actually came from the Star MegaDo but they probably couldn't tell how I earned those miles.

@ ThatT1Feeling, rest assured nothing much has improved for me. I already have lounge access as *G when flying on BD. As a Silver I won't get any more privilege other than 25% destination miles bonus. Since I'll have to requalify for my SEN status this year or next, I may not be crediting many miles to DC in any case.