FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Business Class replaced by 'FlexiY' on LHR-UK/Ireland from 27 Jan 2010; end of Blue+
Old Jan 18, 2010, 3:29 am
FlyingOnceMore

Programs: BA Gold, TK*G, EI Elite
Originally Posted by ScottieFlyer
It'll have serious implications for mixed-class redemption if, as reported, these are becoming increasingly difficult or even impossibe.
From reading the FAQ, it'll make no difference whatsoever.

Originally Posted by aidanc
... And the end of GUV/iGUV on DUB-LHR. Why bother being loyal to BMI if they totally downgrade the route like this (schedules and service)?
Only thing I can see no implicit reference to in the FAQ is Gold seat block and free Gold upgrade on awards. I guess we'll have to take it (with the proverbial pinch of salt, of course) that the status quo will remain....for now. Of course said free Gold upgrade will now come without the additional APD punishment.

I guess you'll be able to iGUV if you want, but why bother. In reality the only thing that's changed in respect of onboard service in the front is that you'll not have to refuse the microwaved gruel they occassionally served....which is a good thing.

From my own perspective.....all in all I see nothing to get too excited about here. All that's really going to be changing is a curtain, lack of, and free grub down the back for flashing your card.