FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: AAdvantage Gold & Platinum Elite Status Challenges 2004 - 2011
Old Jan 17, 2010, 11:04 am
nickflies

Programs: Delta Platinum, former AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Uber Diamond, National Executive
Originally Posted by oklAAhoma
I do not recall ever seeing it stated that way and I don't see that statement anywhere in the wiki. Could you please point me to where you read that?
I was going off the statement under Repeating a Challenge
"AA Challenges may not be repeated back to back from one year to the next - that is, you may not use a challenge to requalify. If you do not requalify within the year, you will be downgraded one level, either to gold or no status. At the end of the downgraded year, you may complete the challenge again to regain your original status. (This info provided by AAdvantage rep on 10/10/2006.)" Emphasis mine.

Originally Posted by oklAAhoma
During that time one can earn status by standard methods. There is absolutely no requirement that one must to remain without status between challenges.
So, theoretically, if you qualify for GLD again via standard methods during your 'soft landing' period, then you could start a PLT challenge during the next qualification year?

I'm expecting to qualify for PLT via standard methods, but just wanted to see what is possible as a 'safety net' - never know what the economy will do to my travel patterns!