FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Does Emirates cover tips for Chauffer Drive?
Old Jan 14, 2010, 7:13 pm
tezzer

Usually I tip when I use the service in the UK, or at least I did when Tristar had the Manchester service. They always turned up on time, in a Volvo estate, were polite in the extreme, smartly dressed etc. A new company has got the contract now and the difference was amazing.

A non understandable due to accent driver in a leather jacket, and sat in the toyota while I and my wife struggled down the drive with my 70 kilos or so of luggage, who then insisted on driving down the uncleared 3rd lane of the Motorway, who's radio was tuned to some obscure station, but just audible and therefore irritating. His windscreen washers froze up, so we took to driving in the wake of HGVs just to get some spray off the motorway onto the screen so that we could see for a mile or two till it was obscured again. Visibility was SO bad we were off the road (again motorway) twice before we got to Manchester. As I unloaded my luggage, he mentioned for the first time the excess, £21.33 but had no change and no card payment facility, so I had to give him £30. As he had no change the guy managed a tip. I'll give him a tip, "get another job".

It has left more than a sour taste in my mouth, the more I think about it. I sent a report into EK and got the usual reply, that someone had been assigned etc. etc.

Last edited by tezzer; Jan 18, 2010 at 7:21 am Reason: more info.