FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Will never understand CC companies…Denied…?
Old Jan 13, 2010, 9:31 pm
lifeandmylens

Originally Posted by AEsco48
The Citi card had a $11,500 limit, been close to maxed out a few times while traveling overseas for extended periods of time...

Always pay off the whole balance at least 2 biz days before.

I guess it would be hard to stop spending $ to lower the ratio... should i then raise my limits to effectivly lower the ratio?
The new Delta AMEX that i just got approved has a $11,700 limit... will that help?
So should I pay my credit card off every 2 weeks?
I would say unless you have a specific need to get your score higher, I wouldn't change your spending patterns or struggle or anything like that just for a score.

But if you want it higher, yes the new line will help with utilization - and it will help even more, score wise, if you split your spending between the two $11k limit cards.

Is the delta your first amex? If it is, you may take a slight hit for average age of accounts, but the additional utilization should balance it out. If it's not your first card, then it should report as opened when you first opened an account (a good thing).