FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Photo TR: AC YYZ-HKG, TG HKG-ICN, OZ ICN-KIX in Business
Old Jan 13, 2010, 3:01 am
AC340-541

Programs: CX Diamond
Originally Posted by ORDnHKG
Very nice and detail report ! ^

Just curious are you using your AC miles or pay C ?

As it seems whenever I try to use my UA miles for TG ICN-HKG or vice versa, I never get any availability due to starnet blocking for this route on TG.

Your AC flight seems like they have very nice meals and a variety of mid-flight snacks, perhaps one of these days when I am done with using my miles for *A First, I may try AC.

The TG flight looks ok for C, but the meal doesn't look very appetizing, poor presentation with the food and the tray, and the 3 FAs on your flight doesn't even have a smile. It looks like they are lacking behind their *A asian partners OZ, SQ, and NH regarding to service and food.

You are really lucky from taking off HKG on a sunny day with no haze and clouds, very nice shots with Hong Kong Island and Kowoloon. ^
These flights were a combination of pay, upgrade with AC Top Tier Certificate, and reward bookings.

YVR-YYZ
YYZ-HKG
Paid + Cert

HKG-ICN
ICN-KIX
KIX-HND
Reward *A Business Class on AE miles (30,000 + no tax + no fees)

NRT-YVR
Paid

You are right, TG FA's rarely smiled but perhaps it has something to do with culture? I have not been to Thailand before but I know in Japan and Korea all the service industry workers are very used to smiling warmly, etc. etc...

AC was great in that aspect too, even chatted for a long time during one FA's break in the mid-galley.

I would definitely take OZ again, but TG is only a maybe. :-) I will be on UA HKG-SIN and then SQ SIN-HKG soon so that will round off my inter-Asia flying quite nicely I think! Thanks for your comments! I really like those HKG and ICN departure photos too!