FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - One more question about a reservation with rental car/airline deals
Old Jan 12, 2010, 2:15 am
Kooler

Programs: Delta SkyMiles, Hilton HHonors
One more question about a reservation with rental car/airline deals

I went to my Hilton HHonors account, signed in (I kept hearing from all the customer service reps I would e-mail that all reservations need to be made by calling the closest calling area near me , so they would e-mail me a template with numbers for all over the world) So with my current summit coming up I was wondering if there was some truth to that, but I still made the reservation at the Austin Hilton and at the end of making the reservation I saw that I could reserve a rental car, an airline ticket, or a package with 2 or all 3 of the above. Some of the prices for the all 3 packages were really reasonable.
anyway, I went to just add a car fro Budget to the current reservation, all the promotions for the major car rental companies were listed but this one was 750 HHonors points 25% off each day rate or since I made one for a week, the 25% was taken off the week rate. I went forward with the reservation. It took me t the Budget website, had all the codes and coupon numbers filed in, etc. but it turned out that the main discount code had just expired so the site told me to try another code. I thought; "tr another code.." Well, this led me on a wild chase hitting all dead-ends. I did find a website fro HHonors that said, "let us get your car rental reservation for you" but we had to know the coupon code. DSG (or something like this) code and this other one that I cannot remember. I could not find any of the right codes.

does anybody know if Hilton HHonors really has a reputation for naming sound car rental reservations where HHonors points are given?

I thought I was on to something different and a bit easier since it allowed me to make it right when I finished my reservation but never got anywhere. Is Delta SkyMiles still the best way to get a rental car with miles? It sometimes nearly makes me feel like I am going to have a nervous breakdown because the miles never come through or something like that happens.

Thanks for any help. In reading some of your posts, I think to myself where did I go wrong. You people have this down to a science and really et rewarded for it (at least it seems).