FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What Do We Girls Want in Hotel Security?
View Single Post
Old Jan 11, 2010, 12:10 pm
Analise
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by oklAAhoma
I think it is naive to presume that men aren't also frequently targetted by criminals. It seems to me the underlying needs for a safe and secure property are the same for all travelers.
Responding to a question here in this forum about what our safety preferences are somehow presumes to you that men are not concerned with safety? That conclusion seems as bizarre as wondering if one's feminism should be called into question by responding to that same question. My concern about safety is only about my concern for safety. No other weight attached.

Originally Posted by allenfane
Interesting. I usually prefer the ground floor and I'm a 'girl'.
You're not a 'woman' but merely a 'girl'?

I consider the risk of fire at a hotel to be as great or greater than other security problems, and a ground floor room would allow you to go out the window without breaking a leg (or worse).
Makes sense to me if that is what is important to you. Who said women are supposed to be in lockstep with what we prefer for safety?

I don't live on the ground floor of my building nor would I stay in a hotel's ground floor for the exact same reason. Your concern about fire is as important to you as mine is about privacy in being high up.

Originally Posted by OffToOz
Along these lines, whenever I'm asked "How many keys?" I always ask for two.
That's interesting. I like that.