FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency SFO airport REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jan 9, 2010, 3:03 pm
Explore

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Near-Perfect

Had a close to perfect stay last night. Weekend AAA promo rate for under $90. Relaxing atrium view room on RC floor. The RC was open on a weekend, and had an excellent evening and morning spread - perhaps the new standard RC fare, or a local enhanced version.

Evening: shrimp and pasta salads, chunky red potato salad, many grilled vegetables, prosciutto and ham, salmon, sweet pocketbread, goat cheese cubes with sweet relishes, and more - and for dessert a light black forest cake, heavy-cream chocolate puffs, cookies, fruit.

Morning: Meats and salmon, chevre, cereals and oatmeal, many interesting pastries and more - although I used the AAA breakfast coupon to dine downstairs.

My breakfast choice at Sweetwater Cafe (from the menu, buffet also available): Breakfast cioppino, an unbelievably tasty dish of poached eggs and asparagus over a load of dungeness crab and stewed tomatoes. Served with sourdough toast.

I was probably the only person to enjoy an outdoor swim and hot soak after dark in air temperatures around 45 degrees. But I did enjoy it. Also took advantage of the RC floor private fitness center.

Nice details in the room, such as small refrigerator, bathrobes, shower gel. Card from the GM under the door.

Great staff, almost certainly union, many of whom have been there for years - from the classy, attentive doorman to the front desk staff to the restaurant and RC attendants.

Unfortunately for some people, it has been announced that Scalini's Northern Italian restaurant will close at the end of January.