FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What Do We Girls Want in Hotel Security?
View Single Post
Old Jan 8, 2010, 9:22 pm
allenfane

Programs: AAdvantage
Originally Posted by Analise
Why even use the word "men" when women are referred to as "girls"?

Women are typically targetted more than men are so I don't think that one's feminism should be called into question when one wants to know what our preferences are.

The avoidance of the ground floor is also upon which I request and always get. I would think that males would want that too if not for security than for the fact that the ground floor is often louder than upper floors.
Interesting. I usually prefer the ground floor and I'm a 'girl' (isn't that like saying guy for men? ). I consider the risk of fire at a hotel to be as great or greater than other security problems, and a ground floor room would allow you to go out the window without breaking a leg (or worse). I stayed at the Hilton in Austin a couple of years ago and was on the 25th floor. I kept wondering the whole week how I would get out if there was a major fire, whether the fire department had ladders that would reach that high, and how they would get me out onto said ladder (given I have a pronounced fear of heights they would probably have to hogtie me first).

allenfane