FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [9W] Mumbai airport 6 hour layover - Please help, first time travelers
Old Jan 7, 2010, 7:45 pm
rsh913

Originally Posted by logirl
Hello all,

I'm new here. Found this forum searching for options really. We're travelling to India for the first time. We are flying with Jet airways from London to Mumbai and land there at 12:30 in the night. Our connecting flight is at 6:30am next day. So we have a 6 hr wait at night in Mumbai. There are main queries really
1. Will the airline help us with the transfer and our luggage or do we need to take care of it our self?
2. Another worry we have is how to kill time for say 5 hrs? What facilities will be available at that hour in the international or domestic airport? Are there any bars/shops/restaurant/food joints that will be open in the night inside the airport? Is it advisable to go out into the city or book a nearby hotel?
Having read enough, i don't think any airline allows lounge access to economy passengers , so would appreciate any ideas you can provide.

Thanks!
Welcome to FT.
1. Are you connecting with Jet?
2. Upon arrival you will need to a. Do immigration b. collect your bags c. clear customs.
3. After exiting customs you can either a. exit the airport (to your right) or b. go to your connecting flight. (to your left)
4. To go to your connecting flt you need a print out of your confirmed itinerary.
5. Once you go to the line that is for connecting flts you need to get your bags screened and ck in/ get boarding passes for connecting flts.
6. There is a bus that takes you to the domestic terminal.
7. There is a clipper lounge at the domestic terminal. it takes priority pass or you can pay cash about 500 rupees for admission.
8. I suspect you'd be done by 2AM at the intl terminal and reach domestic terminal by around 230am. The shuttle runs 30 mins or so.
9. Spend time in the lounge or outside at a coffee shop. Security for dom flt opens about 2 hrs prior.