FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Wiki/Reviewi For TYN 90K Fixed Redemption Strategies
Old Jan 7, 2010, 1:54 pm
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by boniam
One thing i found that the change flight option didn't show me all flight options available through booking a new reservation option. It was showing costly options. That looks like a nice to have bug for them. I wonder that was deliberate. Also, in an iterneray it showed me the costly class for one of my flight (costly than the ticket that i booked as new reservation). They i selected a particular class and it showed me lower fare. Luckily all my leg were on same class so i could find that fare. But it looked fishy. Can we complain about that. I wonder how many people buy costly flight through change flight option.
I can verify this is definitely the case.

I just finished a rebooking against the canceled TYP ticket. Online I could not pick the fare as found under new reservation even though it showed me the identical flights available. Doing it a new booking the fare for FLL-IAH-SFO r/t is 193 before tax and fee, or 232.80 A/I. Using the Change function, the fare jumped to almost $400 before tax, or 435xx A/I. I could not make it to book the fare code I wanted. Ending up using the call function to contact Continental.com support. Unfortunately the agent did not waive the $25 agency fee.

This is a very sleazy act of CO's website to be designed this way.