FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency San Francisco - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jan 6, 2010, 10:06 pm
Explore

Programs: AC SE, AA EXP MM, UA Gold MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Titanium, HH Dia, IHG Plat
Had a great stay here New Year's Eve with my wife, for a not unreasonable rate. No suite upgrades available, so I requested a north-facing room as close to the Bay as possible. We got 1521, a room at the east end of a row of balconies. (the room in the same position on the 16th floor is 1620, and on the 17th floor 1719 - those are slightly closer to the Bay). No traffic noise this side, but there was late night canned music from Embarcadero Center (probably applicable only on NYE).

We got to witness the excellent fireworks in the Bay, right outside the hotel, through large picture windows at the east end of the hotel. Other 15th floor guests showed up for the 15-minute midnight spectacular. Just prior, I had visited the RC for a flute of champagne, complimentary for all holding RC access. The RC was open until 12:30 am that night, with a prominent local acoustic guitarist, Eddie Pasternak, hired to perform from 9 to midnight. Appetizers and desserts had been extensive, with managers and the executive chef (ex- the QE2 liner and other hotels) frequently present to make sure food was replenished.

Only guests were permitted into the hotel after 6 pm, to prevent the thousands of local fireworks revelers from trying to get a better view for free. Guests wore wrist bands to identify themselves.

The next morning, the RC served a full breakfast, including sausages, bacon, and eggs, until noon. Again management and the chef made frequent rounds.

What a spectacular experience! Thanks so much, HR San Francisco. The hotel was completely sold out that night, hosting a diverse crowd including many locals.