FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt - Best Rate Guarantee - Experiences - MASTER THREAD - WIKI
Old Jan 6, 2010, 7:17 pm
Smart Shopper

Sorry for being vague, and thanks very much for your input: Here is my second approach:

• The APR rate I found on booking.com was (considerably) cheaper than the APR rate at hyatt.com.
  • The first question Hyatt’s associate asked me: Does the competing rate I found at booking.com includes taxes? I denied.
  • On the contrary to your information, she questioned if booking.com is an eligible site when it comes to BRG claim. She looked up booking.com’s T&C and presented to me this sentence:
    From the point at which you make your reservation, we act solely as an intermediary between you and the hotel, transmitting the details of your reservation to the relevant hotel and sending you a confirmation email for and on behalf of the hotel.
  • She said, that as booking.com don’t let me immediately book online, she has to refuse to accept my claim.
  • I replied that I don’t understand why I should not be able to book immediately at booking.com as I enter into a direct (legally binding) contractual relationship with Hyatt.
  • She responded that has nothing to do as booking.com acts solely as an intermediary between me and Hyatt.
  • I asked about the difference between other third party sites & booking.com
  • Her replay: Believe me, I am doing this for nine years.
  • At this point I whished her a nice evening.

Unfortunately we did not reach the point if booking.com will pull the rate (which sometimes is the matter eg at travelocity) when hyatt do book, as my request did not qualified: According to Hyatt’s associate my competing rate did not qualified because booking.com don’t let me immediately book online.