FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt - Best Rate Guarantee - Experiences - MASTER THREAD - WIKI
Old Jan 6, 2010, 6:34 pm
NJUPINTHEAIR
Suspended

Originally Posted by Smart Shopper
I requested a BRG and quoted a (cheaper) rate I found on booking.com. At the beginning of our conversation Hyatts very friendly & talkative associate questioned booking.com as comparable site when it comes to BRG. She said that as I am not able to book immediately, she has to refuse may claim and quoted this sentence of booking.com's T&C:

As I was not able to made my point I let it go and will contact Hyatts excellent Consumer Affair Department.

Any timely additional advice is more than appreciated!
OK -- I will do what I can to help you.

As I noted above, I confirmed with the liasion in Hyatt's Consumer Affairs Dep't that Booking.com is indeed a valid site for them to do a BRG comparison.

What's more, I was told that the Hyatt BRG department has to follow your steps as to how you obtained that rate -- this was signficant for as I recall, in the past, I found another website's rate that I arrived at via Kayak.com, provided a breakdown of taxes and the room rate as separate items, but if you went directly to the wholesaler's website, it only provided an aggregate rate -- and my claim was rejected. Sorry for digressing, but I thought this perahps important.

Now, I am somewhat unclear about the facts you relate.

What do you mean by the rate was not bookable? Were you unable to book it or was the BRG department not able to book it? If it is not available and can't be booked by you, then they are not obligated to find that rate for you.

But somehow, I think, there is a miscommunication as to what you are trying to convey, as I doubt you are asking for help on a rate that is not bookable, so can you please go over the facts and please watch the possessive pronouns, as I want to be clear as to who was unable to do what.

Thanks and looking forward to you response.