FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: Lost baggage /luggage delay, loss, damage - advice, etc. (pre-2018)
Old Jan 6, 2010, 6:19 pm
barnetda

Programs: AA Gold . Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Platinum.
An update.

I got the bag off of the carosel at Tampa airport. Looking at the tags the bags did make it to LA but for some reason didnt go the final few yards to the belt in LA.

Nothing missing and all intact.

I spoke to a AA official who was sympathetic to the excess charge and told me to speak to a supervisor when my son checks in on Sunday. Its now more of a principle thing as i dont think its fair that i should have to pay $90 to effectively get her bags back to LA.

A funny incident though at TPA. We collected the bag as it came off the DFW flight with everyone elses. My wife took it to the car park, but i thought it would be common decency of me to inform the baggage staff that i had collected it. I went to the baggage office and lined up, then told them my file no and that i had collected it so they could mark it as collected or whatever.

She then demanded ID , i gave it to her but laughed and said if i hadnt come to you then you would never had known that the bag had even been collected.
Just for future reference She did tell me that the normal policy is that the bag stays on the belt for 90 mins and then they come along and move it to be delivered by courier.

I will update the thread on sunday but wanted to thank you ALL for your input it was much appreciated.