FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Multiple Day VDB Conga [EZE-IAD]: January 3-8, 2010
Old Jan 5, 2010, 2:25 pm
hobo13

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by channa
Good job, and keep us posted!

I've done a number of el doble's in my day, but never the tri-fecta. Very well done, my friend!
I learned from some of the best....

Originally Posted by SEA1K4EVR
Wow I must commend you on your luck! Nice that you have the time to keep getting bumped too.

You got another bump even though UA is operating an extra flight tonight EZE-IAD, flight 9785. Flight 846 is 0/0/0, but 9785 is 0/0/4. Maybe they should start subbing a 747 or 777 for a few days to get caught up.

Was there a cancellation in the last few days that has caused this massive oversold situation that would warrant them adding an additional flight?

FYI, 846 tomorrow is 0/1/0... 1 C seat for sale. But indeed everything is sold out for many days in the future. I wonder how many more bumps you can get??
As mechteach said above, last night's EZE-IAD got canceled. Of course, we were already VDBed and sleeping peacefully in our hotel room by the time they pulled the plug at 1AM. So the special segment is really just last night's flight, which of course was full.

We met some other people at the hotel who were bumped yesterday (FT lurkers it seemed!) They also got the call and stayed for tonight. So the count is clearly 4 VDB's already. I'd assume that UA was a little more proactive in buying back seats tonight, since they are going to have 500 people to process, rather than the standard 250. And last night they took it almost down to the wire, completely with potential VDB's (and IDB's) sweating it out at the counter. Not pretty.

Last edited by FlyinHawaiian; Jan 6, 2010 at 6:17 am Reason: multi-quote