FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Might want to pass on that F meal out of DEN...
Old Jan 5, 2010, 12:14 pm
prestonh

Programs: UA-G MM, Priority Club Platinum, Avis First, Hertz 5*, Red Lion
Originally Posted by COSPILOT
I guess I'm not that shocked. If most Health Dept's had unlimited budgets, you would see many restaurants fail the inspection. You either eat home grown foods or understand that what you consume outside of the home may not meet the highest standards.

So those on a protein diet while in F should be happy about this report.
Seem to be crossing jurisdictions, kitchen failed an FDA inspection not a state health inspection. Likely different rules, procedures, standards. Maybe it partially failed because the Feds were lax in previous inspections/enforcements.

I guess you have to define 'fail' and 'many'. Many restaurants get 'ticks' on the inspection, but they are usually minor items pointed out by the inspectors...which is a good function of the process.

We would immediately starve if we fully relied on home-grown food. The vast majority of the U.S. population does not have access to sufficient land-area let alone cultivation and food preservation skills to grow enough food to sustain themselves let alone multiple people.