FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Report: Recent Hyatt Stays vs. Starwood Stays
Old Jan 5, 2010, 9:08 am
DCBob

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by geilux
And what about the good old HH card ? As a Diamond with Hilton, I must say I have been more than satisfied (though nothing spectacular).

Can we agree that HH does better than SPG those days ?
No, we certainly cannot! I have been far more satisfied as an SPG Platinum than an HH Diamond in both 2008 and 2009. Overall, SPG has much nicer properties than HH. HH has nothing remotely similar to the cool vibe offered at W Hotels.

I also get a suite upgrade over 95% of the time with SPG and rarely with HH (and, a suite upgrade, subject to availability, is not one of the perks of being an HH Diamond, in any event). So, I will drop to Gold with HH later in 2010 but plan to remain an SPG Plat for a long time.

I do like Hyatt's customer service and free internet as a Platinum, but the properties are mostly pretty uninspiring and are not located in many of the places I travel. And the one Hyatt Regency in Minneapolis is pretty depressing. Nice staff, but still has old tube TVs and tiny bathrooms. I'd rather stay at the Hotel Ivy, W Foshay, or Westin Minneapolis.