FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Courtyard Waikiki or Waikiki Marriott
View Single Post
Old Jan 3, 2010, 9:34 am
craz
Suspended

Originally Posted by 005flyer
I stayed at the CY a few months ago. My room was filthy. The in-wall a/c unit was covered, and I mean COVERED with crud. They were sold out so no availability to change rooms. Bathroom was not much better. The glass door looked like it was frosted because of the soap scum. The other thing that bothered me, and this isn't really their fault, but everyone going to Hawaii has just come off of a very long flight and at least for me, I'm pretty thirsty. No bottled water in the room and the litte cafe thing in the lobby wanted $3-$4 for a bottle. Of course, you can just walk across the street to the McD's, but still...no idea if ther Marriott gives out water or not.
Ive stayed at numerous Hotels in Waikiki and the only 1 I remember offering me something to drink and it wasnt water was The Embassy Suites, no matter how hot or humid it was outside.

theres an ABC store across the street as well on the corner its not on Kuhio (the main drag) but on Lewers or walk out onto to Kuhio turn Right and it will right in front of you across the street (Kuhio & Lewers)