FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Finnair lost baggage
View Single Post
Old Jan 3, 2010, 3:15 am
mosburger

Programs: CX, OZ, MU (+AY, DL), Shangri-La, Hilton
Originally Posted by TTL
I am quite certain, that the situation will not improve before the currently employed baggage mishandlers have been replaced by new ones.

It has been published, that when they worked for AY, they could go the extra mile during peak hours. Nowadays, for the outsourced company Barona, they just work (in apparently very leisurely fashion).

Hopefully, gradually the ground handling business in Finland will get rid of the bood red communist worker unions with their dirty tricks.
Ditto. I'm all for labour unions as such and understand that nobody wants to give up privileges. But then the blokes should strike as they did before. Now there is a settlement which they clearly do not respect.

And I do think they understand the precarious situation airlines are in at the moment. It seems at least to me their goal is to create a crisis and hope that the government has to intervene and maybe "nationalize" the airline in some way. Then they could again be government employees and not worry about shareholder value or work efficiency.