FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Traveling with kids (IAD-SIN) w/milk allergies; bringing soy milk onboard?
Old Jan 2, 2010, 10:20 am
tayd

Programs: Status? What's that? :)
Traveling with kids (IAD-SIN) w/milk allergies; bringing soy milk onboard?

Before I send an email to the TSA asking their "guidance" (and expecting an inept response, if any), I figured I'd check with the collective experts here first.

My wife and I will be traveling from IAD to SIN in early February (and returning Stateside in March) on ANA via NRT with our two young kids (3.5 year old girl and 1.5 year old boy). My daughter has a seat while my son will be flying as an infant lap. While my wife and I are seasoned FF's in the past before kids came into our life, this is the first time we're flying with kids in tow so as you can imagine, I'm starting to get stressed out trying to figure out all the security related accomodations that are now in place (post-9/11 and 12/25 incidents) with regards to traveling with kids.

Our kids have eczema and milk allergy and our pediatrician has provided us with a "doctor's note" (basically written on his Rx notepad) indicating that the kids have milk allergy and requests to allow us to transport soy milk onboard as well as EpiPen Jr.'s (epinephrine injectors). Our kids currently drink Silk's Soy's milk products (that we get at Costco; 3 pack cartons) at home and my wife found that they also have them in convenient travel size packs (18 pack, 8.25 oz. each) that seems ideal for travel.

My question is, will TSA/airlines allow us to bring these 8.25 oz. boxes onboard for the kids, with the doctor's note? What about the kids lotions, creams, etc., especially the prescription ones, that came in 8 or 16 oz. sizes for their eczema, etc?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
David