FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - *sigh* Another Centurion Qualification Question
Old Feb 17, 2004, 8:07 pm
vielflieger

Programs: DL 3MM/FC/DM LT; LH FT LT; HH DIA
I was invited in '00 at the 1k yearly due figure and I am planning on keeping it for the benefits you get. I have all the Airline stuff anyway due to my flying, but the Avis Presidents Club and SPG Plat are really worth it (last minute reservations, upgrades). The Concierge Service is in my opinion not very useful...my assistant does a better job. The travel counselors on the other hand are very good, lots of last minute problems handled.

Would I spend 2.5k a year for it? Probably not, I think the Platinum for $ 395 is a more sensitive choice. Just my 2 cents on this subject.

I actually carry a gold card tied to my Centurion card which I use for entertainment purposes. Not a good thing to let your Customers see the black card. They get all sorts of ideas...

The Hyatt Plat thing is news to me. I gave them my number but never got it. Oh well.

Anyway, back to the topic: Friends of mine tried to get it and because of their spending (less than 150k) were politely declined I guess the minimum spending is being looked at.

Give it a try and call, it never hurts asking. Let us know of the outcome!

vielflieger