FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: AAdvantage Gold & Platinum Elite Status Challenges 2004 - 2011
Old Dec 29, 2009, 1:01 pm
aiseri

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Quicken, US Bank, Jupiter and 1st Hawaiian
I want to thank the moderators of this board/thread. The information here saved me $100/leg in baggage fees (4 bags @ $20 and $30) as well as getting me better seats. I learned more about the program this morning. This applies when 2 people fly together all the time as my wife and I do. In order to get the baggage fee waived one the elite person must have their FF number listed on the ticket. The other person gets the benefit of the elite member. This allows the non-elite person (in this case my wife) to move their FF miles to another airline like Alaska and qualify for the Alaska MVP/Gold MVP. I will check with Alaska to see if Gold MVP status of one person will confir the same upgrade on the other.

I remember now, when I booked the AA ticket with the travel agent, I gave my AS FF number. They must have booked with that number and the flight was not good for a challenge. Wow, lots of things to consider. Allen Iseri