FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Courtyard Waikiki or Waikiki Marriott
View Single Post
Old Dec 29, 2009, 7:50 am
craz
Suspended

Originally Posted by maltasr
We spent one night at the CY two weeks ago while waiting for our "villa" to open up at Ko Olina. Although the price was right at $95/night senior rate, it was the tiniest room we had ever rented at any Marriott. And we were Gold-upgraded to the top floor with some ocean view. There was barely room to turn around in the bathroom. We also had a problem with the toilet which took two calls to the front desk to get resolved. It was obvious that Marriott had done some upgrading, but really the room itself was a bit on the shabby side. We did like the location; it was a ten-fifteen minute walk to the Royal Hawaiian where we always have lunch when in Honolulu. Security at the hotel was excellent and the front desk employees couldn't have been more gracious. Haven't stayed at the other Marriott in Waikiki, but I think we'll give it a shot next time. By the way, the Ko'Olina Vacation Resort was fabulous - without a doubt our best Marriott stay ever. Next time we'd like to stay two weeks.
I take it they put you in the Main Tower, thats what most people want. I stayed in the other building next to where you drop off off your car for parking.

they told me as a Plat they thought Id like to be in the main building where everything is located, I simply said where is the larger room, and Bingo they gave me the other Tower

BTW I posted as such on the Main thread about this CY, it does pay to do a search before going, but it was only 1 night for you and made you enjoy the KO even more.

The CY has 3 buildings 1- teh main where you check in and everything is located 2- the small building behind the pool 3- the other Tower (where I stayed) on the other side of Valet or where the salt water pool (Bathtub , due to size) is located