FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Courtyard Waikiki or Waikiki Marriott
View Single Post
Old Dec 29, 2009, 5:23 am
maltasr

Programs: Marriott Rewards Silver Elite, AA Lifetime Plat 4.5M, DL Medallion Lifetime Silver, DL MillionMiler
Originally Posted by craz
Ive done both as well. theres pros & cons for both

I was UPed to a very large room at the CY also the bus stops right in front on the way to HNL and across the street on the way to the CY, not that its that long of a walk to the MR from the bus stop.

I had what I consider the best massage ever at the CY, only since its a CY no pts for the charge to my room, but I still was able to use my GC and that saved 10%

You can lost in the MR thats what I loved about the CY in & out very fast and not having to walk all over just to find the El and then my room.

A little longer of a walk from the CY to the beach, but I usually dont use the beach for beach things except watching the Sunset.

When I go back as long a sthe CY doesnt cost more then the MR or a SPG , Id be making the CY my home in HNL

Its not a typical CY as it was a reg Hotel before becoming the CY I think a 3*

also the hot tub at the CY ws alot hotter,temp wise then the MRs. otehrwsie the MR was hotter
We spent one night at the CY two weeks ago while waiting for our "villa" to open up at Ko Olina. Although the price was right at $95/night senior rate, it was the tiniest room we had ever rented at any Marriott. And we were Gold-upgraded to the top floor with some ocean view. There was barely room to turn around in the bathroom. We also had a problem with the toilet which took two calls to the front desk to get resolved. It was obvious that Marriott had done some upgrading, but really the room itself was a bit on the shabby side. We did like the location; it was a ten-fifteen minute walk to the Royal Hawaiian where we always have lunch when in Honolulu. Security at the hotel was excellent and the front desk employees couldn't have been more gracious. Haven't stayed at the other Marriott in Waikiki, but I think we'll give it a shot next time. By the way, the Ko'Olina Vacation Resort was fabulous - without a doubt our best Marriott stay ever. Next time we'd like to stay two weeks.