FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Trains in China?
View Single Post
Old Dec 29, 2009, 5:21 am
ChrisLi

Programs: BA Gold, JGC Sapphire, OZ Diamond, AF Silver, CX GR, Marriott Lifetime SL
Originally Posted by mosburger
Any idea on how the proposed Shenzhen - Kowloon link would be connected to the airport? Via the Kowloon terminus presumably?
There was a proposal on Hong Kong / ShenZhen Airport link which remains quite where all the attention now goes to the High Speed Rail. I guess you will hear news / noise again in early 2010 plan when the "Hong Kong Aiport 2030" master plan release if we are building 3rd runway or not (basically if 3rd runway the twin airport link is presumably gone)

The Tsuen Mun - Airport Link http://www.hyd.gov.hk/eng/major/road...tmwb/index.htm which enter final design stage, if remember correctly, emphasis on the highway development instead of railway, which for me it translate lower chance of direct train connection

From my own view, Hong Kong better off build the High Speed Rail + 3rd runway instead of High Speed Rail + Twin Airport Link,

With HSR, HKG --> ShenZhen will be 1 hour only by Airport Express + HSR excl wait time (Similar to travel on coach bus ?), and 1.5 hr to Guangzhou

However you will need to enter HK @ HKIA and exit HK @ Kowloon HSR station

Last edited by ChrisLi; Dec 29, 2009 at 5:35 am Reason: Clearification on Entry / Exit Logistics