FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Call to arms.
Thread: Call to arms.
View Single Post
Old Dec 28, 2009, 5:11 pm
halls120
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by TSORon
I have never actually seen one of these machines myself, but the information on what they can do is pretty much public knowledge.

It detects anomalies. Things in pockets or pretty much anything on top of the individuals skin including clothing. And of course any anomalies must be investigated further. I know for a fact that they can detect small amounts of marijuana in people’s pockets, we get reports on it every day. It does not detect it as marijuana but as an anomolie.
Are you absolutely sure that a terrorist won't be able to sew it into the lining of, let's say, a bra, and escape detection? Oh, that's right, you've never seen one work.

In the meantime, do you have an explanation for your management's brilliant decision to require people to remain in their seats for the last 60 minutes of an international flight? Turning off the route map and prohibiting in-flight announcements about location? Yes, I know the decisions have allegedly been rescinded, but what stupendous mental acuity led to those stupid original decisions?