FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - TARGETED? - Diamonds - free night at a Hyatt Place / Summerfield - by 12/31/09
Old Dec 28, 2009, 11:01 am
crystak

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by BAGoldBoy
So we booked a number of stays in the US to secure Diamond membership for another year. I recieved the HP free stay so cancelled an existing stay to use the free night.

During the stay we didn't buy any incidentals as to be honest there isn't much worth buying at HP. The stay didn't post so phoned GP and was told that an award stay doesn't count as a stay unless there are incidental charges. Can't find anything in the GP T&C's so now sitting at 24 stays

Does anyone know if this is true? The alternative is to spend over $300 on a stay in London tomorrow Should never have cancelled my $80 HP stay
Unfortunately I don't think you will get stay credit for that. Maybe if you call GP they would be willing to extend you the diamond membership with 24 stays?

Alternatively, the Hyatt in Birmingham has rooms at 109 GBP (at 0% tax) for tomorrow if you can take the time to drive/ take the train .