FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Dec '09 UA Security Procedures-operational changes on INTERNATIONAL flights? [Merged]
Old Dec 27, 2009, 3:46 pm
WineCountryUA
Moderator: United Airlines

Programs: UA Plat 1.995MM, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Plat/LT Gold, Hilton Silver, IHG Plat
I have not heard a single person praise the TSA for this -- and you can include me in the group that feels this does little for travel safety.
What I have suggested is much of this will dissipate and "punishing" the airlines seems to be counterproductive. Do we want to see airlines go through another financial stress period -- not much good for the traveller came out of that last time.

Originally Posted by FiveMileFinal
..... Because United is being just as mindless in its response, that's why....
And as a general comment to many other posts -- it is not just UA, read the all the posting and news reports. This is a number (all?) of airlines (but not all the routes) responding to TSA directives.

(a) No, it's not clear at all when this IFE mess will be cleared up, mainly because nobody's said anything (meanwhile, I bet any future terrorists know what's up )
as has been reported earlier in this thread -- UA has tweeted
Sorry, have 2 comply w/ TSA directive. Only impacted seven or so int'l flights. Have since found a fix to keep IFE w/out GPS.
Perhaps it might not be as much as a disaster that you are making it out to be.
....(b) I read and buy books and magazines for flying all the time, but now won't be able to read them for the last hour of the flight due to this nonsense....
My guess is this will be among first to be restored.

Understand the upsetness with the TSA directives -- do not understand the anger at UA or any other airline.

Time for a nice glass of wine

Last edited by l etoile; Dec 27, 2009 at 10:16 pm Reason: removed now-deleted quote