FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Finnair lost baggage
View Single Post
Old Dec 27, 2009, 7:40 am
santa1

Programs: LH Sen .BA Gold BMI Gold. Hilton Diamond. *wood Platinum
Finnair lost luggage

I can certainly confirm that Finnair are not generous. I have recently had an Australian couple here in Lapland without their luggage. Bearing in mind they travelled from +36 degrees to -20 degrees all Finnair were prepared to offer was 70 Euros for essentials. After 3 days without luggage they then started agreeing to this couple buying some clothing but said they would only pay 50percent and they could keep the clothing. Eventually I asked them what would this couple do with warm overclothing suitable for minus temperatures, back home in Australia, and after discussing EU regulations they at last agreed they could spend 300 Euros supported by receipts.

What a wonderful system they have:-

Baggage tracing..very difficult to get through to...

They cannot comment but can supply you with a customer relations department telephone number that wait for it only works 09.00 to 12.00 if you wish to speak to a human being. Please do not expect to speak to any manager or supervisor in that department. It is simply not possible. Eventually I was able to get a call back and get something happening.

Good luck I truly believe you will need it !!

Santa