FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Dec '09 UA Security Procedures-operational changes on INTERNATIONAL flights? [Merged]
Old Dec 27, 2009, 12:38 am
The_seat_Baron

Programs: Star Alliance
Originally Posted by PTravel
I sure am. I've also got a long-haul to China next week. Here's what I'm planning on doing:

1. I usually carry on two bags -- a smallish rolling computer bag and a backpack. The backpack contains whatever I will need in flight and goes under the seat. This time, I'll put them both in a single roll-a-board, just in case the "1 carry on" thing is imposed.

2. I just ordered one of these for overnight delivery. I should have it by Tuesday:

http://www.scottevest.com/v3_store/E...n_Jacket.shtml

I'll use its 25 pockets to hold, at least, my iPod, my earbuds (in case I can't use the QC15s that I just bought), and a couple of extended-battery thingies so, at least, my iPod will last through the trip. I also can't stand the coach food on UA transpac, so I'll stuff a sandwich or two into the pockets, along with some of those little vodka bottles, a small LCD flashlight and a paperback book or two. Nothing in my lap -- all neatly in my jacket.

I will not sit there for 12-14 hours doing nothing but staring at the seat back in front of me.

3. I was planning to do this anyway, but I'll bring on some See's candy for the cockpit and cabin crew. I usually do this on transpacs, and the crew seem to appreciate it -- perhaps they'll cut me a little slack if I decide to thumb through Hemispheres Magazine or the Skymall catalog.
I wonder if I can use the no IFE to my advantage and request my money back from buying the ipod/iphone adapter last month.

I'll sleep on it and decide what to do about this anger I have!