FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Pax lights fireworks on NW AMS-DTW flight
Old Dec 26, 2009, 10:18 am
TSORon

Originally Posted by boiflyer
I highly disagree with your statements. Haven't you ever seen one of the programs on the Discovery channel about building demolition? I can't remember what the explosive is called, but small amounts directed at massive concrete pillars slice them in half. A small amount of that substance would probably make quick work of a pressurized aluminum skinned fuselage. It seems to me that amount would easily be concealed in a female or male body cavity.

Until the TSA has a magic scope to view the insides of these two body cavities, there is nothing TSA can do to stop a determined whacko. WBI, the grope, shoe fetish, liquid lunacy, etc. is just silly circus antics. Passengers stopped this whacko and prior whackos like Reid, not the TSA or its policies.

And, speaking of WBI being the end all be all, seems to me some creative use of silicon, cadaver skin, or backyard surgery implants would render it as useless as it really is.

You make a valid point.

What should we do, based upon your conclusion? Stop attempting to interdict those who would do those things the like of which happened on 9/11? Trust to luck, god, or a roll of the dice?