FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Pax lights fireworks on NW AMS-DTW flight
Old Dec 26, 2009, 1:00 am
TSORon

Originally Posted by halls120
Can any of the TSA kool aid drinkers tell me just how we're getting a return on our security investment? The reality is this - unless every passenger is strip searched before boarding, a dedicated individual is going to be able to board an aircraft with the capability to do harm, and someday that harm may be carried out. Regardless of whatever draconian measures the TSA thinks up next.
Nice going Halls, I’d give you a “C” for originallity and a “D-“ for reality.

Originally Posted by wilp888
God help those of us who have International travel for the next few weeks. It's going to be absolute chaos.
You can bet on that.

Originally Posted by NWstu
Bye-bye matches and lighters.
Again.

Originally Posted by Trollkiller
This will be a "terrorist attack" until someone figures out being a terrorist attack will make Obama look bad. Then it will become an isolated incident by a mentally disturbed man.
Most intelligent comment of the day! +100:-:

Now, I have seen nothing official on this yet, but here is what I can see happening.
1. Increased call for WBI’s at all checkpoints and increasing the frequency of their use.
2. A significant DHS budget increase, with the largest portion of it going out to other countries so that they can improve their pre-boarding security.
3. Lighters and matches, well lets just say that we have been there before.
4. Random screening at all US airports will jump significantly.
5. The current efforts by some members of congress to ban the use of WBI systems will quietly die a well deserved death.