FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - First class to AKL with EK
View Single Post
Old Dec 25, 2009, 2:05 pm
17thousandkm

Programs: Skywards, Velocity Rewards
Originally Posted by anat0l
I don't get what you mean by "fussy" (or in this case, "less fussy" and "fusspot combinations"). What was on the menu?
By "fussy" I meant that they couldn't just serve scrambled eggs, it had to have something on it (I think it was chives) and was served with fried potatoes, and some sort of sauce. I'd rather just be able to make up my own hot breakfast choosing from the basic options such as bacon, eggs, tomatoes etc.

Re your assertion that you can't think of an airline that would offer GF snacks: 1. It's not as hard to do as you'd think - there are a multitude of companies offering GF snack bars and cookies etc these days.

It's not even necessary to source "special" GF items either. EK could have offered ordinary salted crisps which are GF but instead put in Pringles which are not A Cadbury Dairy Milk bar is GF but EK gave me a Mars bar which is not

2. If it's meant to be a First class experience, isn't that what you should expect to get - and be treated as an individual rather than just another self-loading cargo in Economy?

Last edited by 17thousandkm; Dec 25, 2009 at 2:10 pm