FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - HH Gold via AMEX Spend - How Long?
View Single Post
Old Dec 25, 2009, 9:42 am
jws5527

Originally Posted by Idranet
I reached the threshold with my November statement and now the December statement has generated as well. My status still hasn't updated, despite 2 phone calls (one in Nov and another one today) and a "case number". Still waiting to speak to a supervisor to, hopefully, resolve.

***Supervisor manually updated to Gold, but has annotated file to say can't update manually again - must wait for Amex to send the info over. End result is okay status-wise, but I'm not thrilled with the way the process went. Makes it seem like I'm not deserving of the status. This is the first year I have used Amex to reach Gold (was Gold for many years, but went to Silver this April). Hopefully, next year will be smoother.
You and I must have very similar spending patterns. I crossed the $20,000 threshold on my AMEX statement that ended 11/2/09; yet still no upgrade to Gold on the HHonors site.

Idranet: Did you speak to a supervisor at Hilton or AMEX (or both)?

To anyone else who reads this thread: Did you experience the "10-12 weeks" the T&C claims it takes for status to be updated?