FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Finnair lost baggage
View Single Post
Old Dec 25, 2009, 7:36 am
cava47

Finnair lost baggage

I used Finnair to fly from JFK to WAW connecting in Helsinki (flight AY6 on Dec. 20 and flight AY745 Dec.21). I have flown this routing before and it is popular way to get to Warsaw because it is almost always cheapest. There were about 60 people traveling this way for Christmas in Poland. We arrived in WAW with slight delay (30 min or so), and we were waiting at the baggage carousel - about 25 pieces of baggage came onto carousel before it was stopped and we were informed that this is all that came from Helsinki. All 60 people flying this routing from JFK lost their baggage!!!! I filed lost baggage claim, and was told to check by phone or internet to check status of my lost baggage. It's been 96 hours and no one (either in Warsaw or Finnair office) has any idea what could have happened to our bags - how can you lose 100+ bags? I am in touch with several passengers who were traveling with me and so far no one of us got our bags or was told what happend. Christmas without gifts and any personal items that I had in my lost bags wasn't very pleasent. Any ideas how airline can lose 100+ bags and don't have any idea were they might be?