FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA
Old Dec 24, 2009, 1:09 am
ChaseTheMiles
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by bofc
5. Dec 22 - New BA visa card appears as an account on my chase.com listing of accounts but the card hasn't been received yet.

I called Chase and asked if I'd receive the full 50k/50k since I applied before the end of the promotion period. They told me "no" that the card had to be used initially and the $2,000 in charges incurred before the end of the promotion period. I'd get the current promotion (substantially less valuable).
HAS ANYONE BEEN ADVISED OTHERWISE? ANYONE ELSE APPLY BEFORE THE CUT-OFF BUT GET APPROVED AFTER?

To "bait" people to apply with an offer and then yank it later seems sleazy (illegal?). I have no problem with them ending the promotion to new applicants w/o notice. But if you apply under the terms offered, it really stinks for them to change the rules later.
I had to wait about a week to get my card after seeing it appear on Chase.com. I think I received my card after the cutoff period too but I didn't even realize there was a cutoff.

I would also suggest you contact the secure message center with this caveat:

Simply ask them (nicely) to confirm your understanding of the promotion--that you are getting the 50/50 offer. I think when you explain to them about the timing with the promotion expiration etc, it gets too complicated. Clearly you are feeling frustrated at this point, and that doesn't help the verbal communication.

So far the secure message center has been excellent. They appear to work 24/7 and the responses have been quick and accurate. Don't waste your time calling.

btw, I remember a rep. saying the $2000 charge has to be made within 93 days from the initial application date.

Last edited by ChaseTheMiles; Dec 24, 2009 at 6:18 pm