FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Expired 2009 offer]100,000 miles for new BA Chase VISA
Old Dec 23, 2009, 10:27 pm
Mr. Bean

Programs: Support the Tyrants Travel Club
Originally Posted by bofc
Upon learning that the 50/50 offer expired, I called Chase to ask about my situation:

1. Dec 4th Applied (on line using the BA link with the 50/50 promotion)

2. Dec 5th Received e-mail from Chase letting me know I'll hear in 15 days

3. Dec 12th - "Promotion Period" ended (I'm told)

4. Dec 21 - "Welcome to Executive Club" e-mail sent (I was not a prior member so I assumed my card application was being approved)

5. Dec 22 - New BA visa card appears as an account on my chase.com listing of accounts but the card hasn't been received yet.

I called Chase and asked if I'd receive the full 50k/50k since I applied before the end of the promotion period. They told me "no" that the card had to be used initially and the $2,000 in charges incurred before the end of the promotion period. I'd get the current promotion (substantially less valuable).
HAS ANYONE BEEN ADVISED OTHERWISE? ANYONE ELSE APPLY BEFORE THE CUT-OFF BUT GET APPROVED AFTER?

To "bait" people to apply with an offer and then yank it later seems sleazy (illegal?). I have no problem with them ending the promotion to new applicants w/o notice. But if you apply under the terms offered, it really stinks for them to change the rules later.
That's strange. I would send a Secure Mail through chase.com and see if you don't get a different answer. The phone CSRs aren't always correct.