FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Can a TSO make me use the family line?
View Single Post
Old Dec 23, 2009, 10:37 am
TSORon

Originally Posted by goalie
i will use the elite line whenever possible but if the elite line is backed up, as they say "that ain't my problem" and i will look for the shortest line (family or otherwise) and use it, plane and simple and sorry folks, but there ain't no one who will/can tell me otherwise.
The idea behind the Elite or Black Diamond lane is to put the experienced travelers all in the same line as they are most likely to transit the checkpoint without problems and in the quickest manner possible. Sure, other lines may be shorter, but if you get in behind John Q. Public and his 6 kids you may be there a while.

My experience with the Elite lanes is that the folks who use them the most are not any more or less likely to have problems transiting the checkpoint than anyone else. I like the idea of the Elite lines, but the assumptions that were made in the initial run up to the programs just are not turning out to be all that valid.

Now, as for doing what the TSO’s tell you, you take your chances that there is a TSO on that checkpoint that is just having one of those days, and is just irritated enough to push the point. I’m not saying its fair, or that its right, but it is a fact of life.