FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Semi-OT: Evil glares from other PAX while sat in CE
Old Dec 22, 2009, 3:32 am
layz
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci Extraordinaire, Hilton Diamond, BA Gold (ex BD)
Originally Posted by lukew
Never in premium cabins when flying, but every day when commuting first class by train from Kent!
You get it a lot when on an East Coast train with a restaurant. Usually there's a bunch of people who board at the last possible moment so they jump on the train at the closest carriage (1st class in KGX) and walk through the train.

If the crew is good then customers in the restaurant will already be enjoying a pre-departure drink. A lot of evil stares and the occasional 'oh this looks nice' comment (particularly in the GNER days when there was better tableware). In my many years of travelling GNER/NXEC I've encountered one truly resentful person who 'accidentally' knocked over the glass of wine of the person opposite me with their bag.

Whether it's train or plane people need to realise that premium passengers provide a significant portion of the revenue for the operating company. Economy fares would likely be higher without the premium custom and fewer routes would be profitable.