FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The Six-pack: Six ways of packing
View Single Post
Old Dec 22, 2009, 12:18 am
tfar

Originally Posted by cordelli
Seven ways.

Stuffing, and dealing with it when you get to where you are going. Back before the packing envelopes, I found it way easier to carry a almost empty can of starch and just iron when I got to where I was going then to bother trying to pack when I would probably have to iron it anyways.
Mike, funny you mention that and thanks for that. I actually thought of the seventh, too. But I wanted to keep the six-pack pun in the title. So it's great you read my mind.

Talking about packing. I once saw a video art piece that was projected from the ceiling to the floor of the gallery. You'd see in birdseye perspective a suitcase being packed or rather crammed hastily within three minutes. Then the next suitcase. You'd never see the person packing, only their arms or sometimes the back. No face, no words spoken. The artist gave people the task to pack whatever they wanted if they had leave within three minutes to run for their lives. Imagine the holocaust scenario. Very strong piece. I don't look at packing the same way after that.

Till