FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best First or Business Class seats Transatlantic?
Old Dec 21, 2009, 2:07 pm
pinniped
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
Do you prefer flat beds or big recliners? I find myself going back and forth: flat beds usually require me to sleep curled up on my side to fit into the little space, whereas in the recliners I stay on my back like I usually sleep.

I liked the LH biz seat enough. I'm not sure if it went truly 180 degrees, but I figure with the airplane flying a few degrees nose-up (like it usually does) I couldn't really tell. Good soft product too.

I know many here don't like it, but I'm actually fine with the old UA seats on the 777. That's the big recliner...I always get Row 8 so I can recline with my feet being in the open space behind the last F row. (Get seat B or J for this - side aisles.) Maybe it's not a case that I *love* this seat so much as it's a case that I know I can usually get it with an upgrade, something not as easy with the flat beds.