FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Semi-OT: Evil glares from other PAX while sat in CE
Old Dec 21, 2009, 8:54 am
wiluk

Programs: BA Gold Guest List, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Semi-OT: Evil glares from other PAX while sat in CE

My apologies in advance for posting this semi-OT rant.

I've experienced the evil glares while sitting in a CW seat waiting for the masses in Y to board around me in the past on more than once occasion but never before on shorthaul (maybe just luck!). Until last week on my BA flight to LIS in CE - I usually fly LH on European flights because they fly J into MAN, but on this occasion for whatever reason I got booked onto BA via LHR with its much better lounges.

Probably my first time in CE for a year or so (usually domestic or CW), I was amazed at the amount of evil glares I and my seat-mates were getting. One woman, who had clearly never seen a bottle of shampoo, even pointed at the cabin to her companion while queuing and ranted about why anyone would bother paying extra AND called the lady to my left a "smug b***h", which I thankfully don't think she heard.

Similar evil glares on the way back - has it always been like this and I've just been blind to it?

Incidentally I was very impressed with the service from the professional crew on both legs. Although I can never help but wonder if the people I meet on the flights are some of the excellent BA staff posters on here...